I found a bit of time today and yesterday to just WRITE! At long last... the downsides of being a writer in your final year of high-school.
Yesterday, I wrote a short story in practice for my literature assessment task next week. This had to be done in the style of Haruki Murakami's stories as seen in his collection after the quake, and revolve around similar themes so that it could become part of the collection. In writing this, I also conceived the idea of a new, bigger writing project which I'm actually really excited about. Moments later, the lovely Mrs Goulding came up to me with entry forms and information about a novella competition for Australian high-school aged kids. Hello opportunity!
But then I thought about it... the deadline is December 5th and this new idea is nowhere near ready to start baking. Oh wait, I'm already working on something! KATHERINE! So guess who wrote another chapter for Katherine? I did :) And if I can finish it by the deadline and keep it between 10,000 and 20,000 words, it can go into the competition. Wew!
In other news, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Jessica Emily from Secrets of a little bird. Jessica posts great stuff about life as a uni student, her awesome sense of fashion, makeup tips and things about life in general.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The rules are:
1. Post a link to your nominator's blog with some information about him/her on your blog.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Follow your nominator.
5. Notify the blogs you nominated.
Here are 11 things about me:
1. I am growing a slight obsession for anime.
2. I believe that Strawberry milkshakes were one of the best ideas in the world.
3. I want a career as a published author and someone who works in the publishing industry, hopefully an editor.
4. System of a Down is my favourite band.
5. I couldn't walk in high heels to save my life.
6. When I was little, and I'm talking no older than 7, but definitely younger than that... one of my aunts who live in Canada came down to visit and gave me a blue plushy bunny. One of it's ears fell off and I used a nappy pin and a bandage to reattach it, and I still have it til this day.
7. My favourite colour is green.
8. My bedroom at my mum's house is green.
9. I don't like wearing makeup much, though I do love eyeliner and nail polish.
10. I am neither a cat nor a dog person.
11. I make damn good chocolate truffles :D
My 11 victims... I mean, nominees, are:
10. Matt Gannon
11. Joseph Ramirez